NEW KIMBERLEY BOOKS
New Release from Backroom Presss, Broome
Sid and Skipper go mustering
by Heather Charlton
Display of Children's books
from Magabala Press, Broome
- Djomi Dream Child by Christopher Fry
- The Cowboy Frog by Hylton Laurel [Cover]
- Dead Man's Gold by Michael Torres [Cover]
- A Home for Bilby by Joanne Crawford [Cover]
- Scaly-tailed Possum and Echidna by Cathy Goonack [Cover]
- The Snake and the Boy by Azmen Sebastien [Cover]
- Ubby's Underdogs: The Legend of the Phoenix Dragon by [Cover]
- Winin - Why the Emu Cannot Fly by Mary Charles [Cover]
- Dingo's Tree by Gladys and Jill Milroy [Cover]
- Two Mates by Malie Prevett [Cover]
Other titles from Magabala Press:
- Traditional Healers of Central Australia: Ngangkari by Ngaanyatjarra Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara [Cover] NEW
- The Man from Sunrise Side by Ambrose Chalarimeri [Cover]
- Wyndham Yella Fella by Reginald Birch [Cover]
- Yorro Yorro by David Mowaljarlai and Jutta Malnic [Cover]
- Grace Beside Me by Sue McPherson [Cover]
KUNUNURRA From Dreams to Reality
by Norma Wainwright and Keith Wright
The Kimberley: Australia's Last Great Wilderness by Victoria Laurie, UWA Press, published October 2010
This is an excellent book about the flora and fauna of the Kimberley, showcasing the prominent features and spectacular vistas together with informative text about the plants and animals of the region. Highly recommended.
Rhythms of the KIMBERLEY: A Seasonal Journey through Australia's North. by Russell Gueho from Kimberley TAFE. Foreword by Tim Winton
Icons of the KIMBERLEY:
A-Z for Guides and Travellers by Russell Gueho from Kimberley TAFE.
We also stock a number of specialty titles on the flora and fauna of the Kimberley not readily available elsewhere in Kununurra. Publishing houses represented are Fremantle Press, UWA Press, Museum of WA. Aboriginal Press and Bush Books.
Recent arrivals are:
- The Young Noisy Scrub Bird [cover
]- Corrinn Wallace Hine. Dept Conservation & Land Management. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
. Only 2 copies remaining
. Currently Out of Press.
(a historical account of pioneer pastoralists Joseph Bradwhaw and Aeneas Gunn): DEC Publication.
Books by Norma Wainwright:
- The Rat with the Golden Chain **New**
- My Life in Verse [cover]
- With Rhyme and Reason and More Rhyme and Reason [cover]
- Robert Solomon Wainwright - A Man for all regions. [cover]
Book by Jacq Hackett:
- My Kimberley Guest [cover]
Book by Will Chaffey:
A young man devises a plan to explore the remote Prince Regent River in the NW Kimberley region of Australia, a trek so dangerous it has never before been attempted by outsiders.
"Filled with scenes of great natural beauty, Swimming with Crocodiles is at once the affecting account of a journey into adulthood and a hair-raising epic of survival."
We now stock a great RANGE OF GREETINGS CARDS for all occasions
(also Travel Maps and JigSaw Map greetings cards to send to your friends)